San Francisco businesses have a unique challenge when it comes to designing their exterior signage. They must keep up with current trends, while also making sure their sign stands out amongst the hustle and bustle of the city’s streets. Here are the top five exterior signage design trends for San Francisco businesses:
- 1. Illuminated Signage – Illuminated signs are eye-catching and make it easier to find your business in the evening hours. LEDs or neon lights can be used to bring a bit of drama to your signage, or you could opt for a more subtle glow with backlit signs for a modern look.
- Digital Signage – Digital signs allow you to change your message quickly and often, without having to replace physical signs every time you want to advertise something new. This is ideal for businesses that have frequent promotions that need to be updated regularly.
- 3. Large-Scale Format Printing – Large-format printing allows you to create bold designs on vinyl or fabric materials that can withstand the elements and won’t fade due to exposure to sunlight. This is perfect for businesses that want larger-than-life visuals that will grab the attention of passersby.
- Creative Fonts – Creative fonts give your signage personality and help it stand out from other businesses in the area that may just use standard fonts or graphics. Be sure not to go too far off track though as illegible fonts can make reading harder, especially from a distance.
- Unique Materials – Businesses in San Francisco should consider using unique materials like wood, metal, glass, or even chalkboard for their sign design as this adds texture and creates an interesting visual effect that will draw people’s eyes towards your shopfronts where possible. Plus, these materials are more durable than paper or cardboard if exposed outside over long periods of time.
These five exterior signage design trends should help San Francisco businesses create eye-catching signs that will get noticed by potential customers while still keeping up with current trends in this ever-evolving cityscape!